By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Skype for Linux Alpha and calling on Chrome & Chromebooks

Experienced Adventurer

I still use 4.3.0.37 and will continue using it until it no longer functions, after I found out /msnp24 fixes the issues with cloud chats I switched back to it as my main Linux client, I just don't like Skype for Web right now but I do use it on things like Chromebooks and do value their efforts and work.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 531 of 584
Novel Tourist

I am a member of skype.  why it is not opening to be ready to talk.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 532 of 584
Casual Tourist
Tourist

LOVE Skype 4 linux alpha. Thanks!!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 534 of 584
Tourist

I am not able to do video calling

Flag for a Moderator
Message 535 of 584
Casual Tourist

Thanks for the hard work!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 536 of 584
Novel Adventurer
there is just a blank screen for me !
Flag for a Moderator
Message 537 of 584
Casual Adventurer

Skype4Linux Alpha v 1.15.0.1 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS opens as empty window, without any content...  Menu is visible as well as some menu actions are enabled, however, no way to try to login/connect. To be exact, when starting, there is some "splash screen" or kind of progress-bar or wait icon for really short while visible...

Flag for a Moderator
Message 538 of 584
Novel Tourist

I have installed on two different machines, both running Ubuntu Mate 16.10. In both cases, it opens a window that remains blank, white space, nada, useless. Frankly, I feel that Microsoft is quite happy to take open source server technology they can make a buck on, but things like this tell me you don't give a crap about the community. You need to make this product work on Linux, well, and quickly, to have a prayer of changing my mind. I work in software development and recommend MS solutions only as a last resort, for exactly this kind of reason. Please, change my mind by treating Linux like a first class citizen - after all, it's making you a fortune on Azure!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 539 of 584
Casual Adventurer

Same in my Ubuntu 16.04 64bit,
Show only menu, try to do fresh install, purge, and remove, nothing help.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 540 of 584