By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype for Linux Alpha and calling on Chrome & Chromebooks

Experienced Adventurer

I still use 4.3.0.37 and will continue using it until it no longer functions, after I found out /msnp24 fixes the issues with cloud chats I switched back to it as my main Linux client, I just don't like Skype for Web right now but I do use it on things like Chromebooks and do value their efforts and work.

Novel Tourist

I am a member of skype.  why it is not opening to be ready to talk.

Casual Tourist
Casual Tourist

LOVE Skype 4 linux alpha. Thanks!!

Tourist

I am not able to do video calling

Casual Tourist

Thanks for the hard work!

Novel Adventurer
there is just a blank screen for me !
Casual Adventurer

Skype4Linux Alpha v 1.15.0.1 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS opens as empty window, without any content...  Menu is visible as well as some menu actions are enabled, however, no way to try to login/connect. To be exact, when starting, there is some "splash screen" or kind of progress-bar or wait icon for really short while visible...

Novel Tourist

I have installed on two different machines, both running Ubuntu Mate 16.10. In both cases, it opens a window that remains blank, white space, nada, useless. Frankly, I feel that Microsoft is quite happy to take open source server technology they can make a buck on, but things like this tell me you don't give a crap about the community. You need to make this product work on Linux, well, and quickly, to have a prayer of changing my mind. I work in software development and recommend MS solutions only as a last resort, for exactly this kind of reason. Please, change my mind by treating Linux like a first class citizen - after all, it's making you a fortune on Azure!

Casual Adventurer

Same in my Ubuntu 16.04 64bit,
Show only menu, try to do fresh install, purge, and remove, nothing help.