By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

im on my kindle fire hd and the camera wont work.

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist
The camera on my kindle won't work I can see them but they can't see me it says"can connect to camera" how do I fix this?
Message 1 of 7 (8,687 Views)
6 Replies
Novel Adventurer
the same thing is happening to me! in video chats i can only see them but they cant see me. I have a kindle fire hd
Message 2 of 7 (8,419 Views)
GDW
Novel Adventurer

Won't work in the UK if that's where you are - do give up trying!

If you want to use the camera I suggest a cheap app which is called HD Camera Kindle edition - then you can work the camera itself easily!

Novel Adventurer
i found out how to fix it. try restarting it
Message 4 of 7 (8,387 Views)
Novel Tourist
I am in the US but when I signed up for skype and I was putting my info in for my profile I realized by default it automatically selects UK as your country I was having the same problem u guys were but as soon as I went into my profile and switched where I was from it worked right away.
Message 5 of 7 (7,991 Views)
Novel Tourist
how does this have to do with anything
Message 6 of 7 (7,502 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I've found that both callers have to be in each others contact list as per Amazon help.  Mine now works.

Message 7 of 7 (6,174 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation