By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype for Kindle Fire?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

Hi hope someone can help, I sideloaded Skype to my kindle fire and installed it, however, it just keeps saying 'signing in' and nothing else happens. I only want voice calls, so the video is immaterial. If some kind soul could give me some advice I would be very grateful.

Message 21 of 35 (5,676 Views)
Casual Tourist
Why can't I dowload skype on my kindle fire hd?
Message 22 of 35 (5,446 Views)
Novel Tourist

I can log into my account, but no contacts to make my calls.

Message 23 of 35 (4,724 Views)
Casual Adventurer

i cannot see my contact list and have no sound

Message 24 of 35 (4,480 Views)
Novel Tourist

i just purchased a kindle fire hd, and it won't allow me to use my current user name that i have on my current account. thanks in advance for your help.

Message 25 of 35 (4,359 Views)
Highlighted
Casual Tourist

I have exactly the same problem where it pre-empts my user name to something similar and try as I might it will not accept my username . Help would be appreciated.

Message 26 of 35 (3,985 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Downloaded the Skype for Kindle app. It works no problem on my Kindle Fire HD

Message 27 of 35 (3,704 Views)
Casual Tourist

I am not sure as I am having probs

Message 28 of 35 (3,177 Views)
Casual Tourist

Hi

Message 29 of 35 (2,169 Views)
Novel Tourist
Well it will not work on my new kindle fire HD. Very disappointing. There is no icon on the kindle for skype. The Kindle helpline could not help.
Message 30 of 35 (1,508 Views)
Discussion Stats