By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

I can't sign into skype on my Kindle tablet

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

[Topic title updated by moderator to be more descriptive. Original topic title was: "I can't sign into skype on my tablet, help!"]

Everytime I try to sign into skype, it comes up with the message "You cannot be signed in at this time. Please check your mobile network settings and try again.". This doesn't make any sense to me, as far as I know there is no mobile network settings on the kindle fire HD tablet. I have tried turning to router off and on again and turning off the tablet and resetting the WiFi. I have tried to use the live chat support, but it wouldn't work the tablet. Has anyone had this problem before and can help me sort? I would really appreciate your help.

19 Replies
Novel Adventurer

I've never had any problems with my Kindle HD Skype. I went to use it today for a really important teleconference and I am getting the EXACT same error as you. I hope someone answers this soon with the resolution to this frustrating problem!

Message 2 of 20 (18,442 Views)
Novel Tourist

Likewise, I have the same problem since Monday August 4th.  It previously worked well and still does on other devices, but can't log on on my Kindle HD

Message 3 of 20 (18,311 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Skype used to be so great. Before Microsoft.  Now, it doesn't work on my cell phone, doesn't work on my tablet.  Getting the same error message, and total garbage when I try to find an upgrade. Time to look for the next big thing. With all of the problems over the last few months of "service" it is now official: I hate using Skype.

Message 4 of 20 (18,229 Views)
Novel Tourist

so how do we fix it ??

Message 5 of 20 (18,086 Views)
Community Manager

You need to update the Skype application on your Kindle device to be able to continue using it. If you are using an outdated version you will see the "Cannot connect to Skype" error message on sign in.

Take a look at the instructions here to update Skype on your Kindle: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34438/why-should-i-update-my-skype-version-what-do-i-need-to-do-t...

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 6 of 20 (18,082 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

Thanks, the new download fixed it for me.

Message 7 of 20 (17,950 Views)
Community Manager
Novel Adventurer

Its the same problem it says You cannnot sign in to Skype this time please check your mobile networks please help me to sign in to my Skype using kindle

Message 9 of 20 (16,940 Views)
Community Manager

Did you follow the upgrade instructions I shared above? Does it still not connect?

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 10 of 20 (16,498 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 20 kudos
  • 14 in conversation