By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can the new Kindle Fire HD do video chat?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer
Just got it. Thanks!
Message 1 of 4 (19,495 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff Moderator
Solution
Accepted by NormanM (Staff Moderator)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

ronnafox wrote:

Is two way video possible?

Yes it is.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4 (18,967 Views)
3 Replies
Community Manager
Yes, the new Skype app for Kindle HD supports video calling with the HD front facing camera.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 4 (19,481 Views)
Novel Tourist

tried speaking to family on Christmas via Skype on my new Kindle Fire HD.  Audio was working wonderfully, but I couldn't see who I was talking to.  All I could see was myself.  Is two way video possible?

Message 3 of 4 (18,164 Views)
Staff Moderator
Solution
Accepted by NormanM (Staff Moderator)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

ronnafox wrote:

Is two way video possible?

Yes it is.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4 (18,968 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 4 in conversation