By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

how to turn on video webcam?

Novel Tourist

How do I turn on the video webcam on skype?

Message 1 of 26 (72,939 Views)
25 Replies
Community Ambassador

Have you tried clicking on the camera button during a call or checking "Tools" - "Options" - "Video Settings" to see if Skype even detects your installed camera?

Message 2 of 26 (72,918 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Yes but the video button is grayed out so I cannot put webcam on. It is working on the computer just not in skype.

Message 3 of 26 (64,633 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Webcam is working on the computer but in skype it is not working and the box with video/webcam is grayed out so I cannot do anything to turn it on.

Message 4 of 26 (64,631 Views)
Community Ambassador

What exactly is the version of Skype program installed on your computer? In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.

Message 5 of 26 (64,557 Views)
Casual Tourist

My video call button is grayed over and I can't get it working I've tried tools-options-video settings and there is no on or off button for the webcam. Help?

Message 6 of 26 (56,337 Views)
Casual Tourist

how to turn on video webcam

Casual Tourist
I will try this, Thanks
Message 8 of 26 (44,726 Views)
Novel Tourist
how do I turn on my skype camera
Message 9 of 26 (31,727 Views)
Community Ambassador

Can you see your camera video feed under "Tools" - "Options" - "Video Settings"?

If Skype does not detect  your camera, then you will not be able to use it.  If you are using a processor that is not fully Pentium 4 compatible (like AMD socket/slot A processors), your video will not be detected in Skype though it may work elsewhere. 

Message 10 of 26 (31,707 Views)
Discussion Stats