By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

how to turn on video webcam?

Novel Tourist

How do I turn on the video webcam on skype?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 41
40 Replies
Community Ambassador

Have you tried clicking on the camera button during a call or checking "Tools" - "Options" - "Video Settings" to see if Skype even detects your installed camera?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 41
Novel Adventurer

Yes but the video button is grayed out so I cannot put webcam on. It is working on the computer just not in skype.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 41
Novel Adventurer

Webcam is working on the computer but in skype it is not working and the box with video/webcam is grayed out so I cannot do anything to turn it on.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 41
Community Ambassador

What exactly is the version of Skype program installed on your computer? In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 5 of 41
Casual Tourist

My video call button is grayed over and I can't get it working I've tried tools-options-video settings and there is no on or off button for the webcam. Help?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 6 of 41
Casual Tourist

how to turn on video webcam

Flag for a Moderator
Message 7 of 41
Casual Tourist
I will try this, Thanks
Flag for a Moderator
Message 8 of 41
Novel Tourist
how do I turn on my skype camera
Flag for a Moderator
Message 9 of 41
Community Ambassador

Can you see your camera video feed under "Tools" - "Options" - "Video Settings"?

If Skype does not detect  your camera, then you will not be able to use it.  If you are using a processor that is not fully Pentium 4 compatible (like AMD socket/slot A processors), your video will not be detected in Skype though it may work elsewhere. 

Flag for a Moderator
Message 10 of 41
Discussion Stats