By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype can't detect sound card

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
oo
Novel Adventurer

Skype was working just fine previously when making a video call (could hear the other person well - no problems.) Then I stopped using the monitor stereo speakers and installed desktop speakers.

Wasn't happy with them and uninstalled them about a day or two later. When I tried to make a video call again (after choosing monitor speakers again under the pc control panel - sounds and audio devices, also tried to choose monitor stereo speakers in Skype but didn't see this option) - there was no sound - even on the Skype test.

So I tried "check settings" and saw under speaker - "can't detect your sound card". Under adjust speaker settings there's no speaker suggestions at all - it just says none.

I also cancelled the speaker setting on SoundMAX digital integrated audio under the control panel.

I have rebooted the system but still the same problem!

Message 1 of 2 (2,171 Views)
1 Reply
oo
Novel Adventurer
I'v sorted out the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Message 2 of 2 (2,166 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation