By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Camera orientation

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer
The video for Skype video messaging perpetuates the myth that it is OK to shoot video in a vertical format. It is not! It is hard to display correctly. It does not effectively use all the available video screen available. I urge people to use their cameras/phones in a horizontal format for much better results that will also match the widescreen displays that they have at home. It makes so much sense.
Message 1 of 4 (869 Views)
3 Replies
Novel Tourist

hi i also have the same problem with my asus 2 in 1 trans t100h, when i use skype the camera is upside down. any suggestion? 

Message 2 of 4 (511 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Check in your SETTINGS. Maybe there is a box to tick or other. I am not familiar with your unit. 

Je suis vraiment désolé.

Message 3 of 4 (503 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I think people are looking, but not seeing. They see a slice of life they are capturing, but have no idea what they are doing or how to do it well, if not better. If you're serious and going to use the vision on your computer or make a family movie, you'll be shooting in the normal horizontal format. People who shoot in vertical format, just don't get it. With a horizontal format, you are Much More Likely to catch the unexpected. The horizontal format is the way we see naturally with our stereoscopic vision.

Message 4 of 4 (482 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation