By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

No matter how many images I've loaded for a community avatar over the past year, none of them take.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Esteemed Adventurer

I read somewhere that the avatars have to come to community standards.  They've ALL been pictures of my face, but I'm stuck with an avatar from 3 years ago, and when I go to "albums", they all look like 32x32 images, all from 3 years ago and prior, never having available any of the newer photos I've uploaded in the past couple years.

Here's an unlisted YouTube video I made showing what it does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km5zZtpGBVg

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Adventurer

Ok, well, my post must have triggered something, because now it works. It's been well over a year that I've had the problem, but I'm glad that my posting about it took care of the problem. Thanks Skype team.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
4 Replies
Esteemed Adventurer

Ok, well, my post must have triggered something, because now it works. It's been well over a year that I've had the problem, but I'm glad that my posting about it took care of the problem. Thanks Skype team.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Hi, @Kizzume,

I can see in the community's background tools that you've uploaded what appears to be the same image many times today.  Images call for moderator team approval prior to being posted, so I've approved the last image in the series.  You ought to be able to choose that image as your avatar if you wish to.

Unfortunately, I can't sort why previous images may not have been approved.  Mea culpa, on behalf of the team.  You're welcome! 

Cheers,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Esteemed Adventurer

Thanks for that.  In the future, if I want to change my avatar, do I need to post about in the forum in order for it to get approved?  (edit) I know you said you don't know why it didn't work before--have you heard about this happening to others?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

Hi, again, @Kizzume,

No; absolutely no need to post an alert that you've uploaded new images.  Image review is a daily moderator task.  Again, I apologize that somehow yours were missed.  

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Flag for a Moderator
Message 5 of 5
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation