By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

skype toolbar

Casual Tourist

I keep getting a skype toolbar has crashed bar near the top of the page. I use chrome with windows 7, 64 bit. It has been happening when I surf most places lately. how do I fix this?

Message 1 of 7 (2,283 Views)
6 Replies
Community Manager
Try installing the latest Skype for Windows from www.skype.com/download - This should update the toolbar as well.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 7 (2,270 Views)
Novel Tourist
See, I'm having the same problem. When I had the older version, on my control panel under "uninstall a program" skype and the skype toolbar were separate. I was able to uninstall the toolbar without uninstalling skype itself. Now I have the new version and I'm getting that "Skype Toolbar has crashed" bar. It usually only happens when I go to google.com. What should I do?
Message 3 of 7 (2,208 Views)
D2D
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem a message that SKYPE toolbar has crashed coming up every time I do anything on the internet.  It feels like I am beeing hacked by SKYPE.  I never asked for the toolbar, and dont want it.  How can I get rid of this extremely annoying pop-up? 

Message 4 of 7 (2,192 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer
I don't want the skype toolbar. How do I stop it from trying to install? This is serious annoying. These kinds of things should not be automatic, it is an invasion of my personal space.
Message 5 of 7 (2,166 Views)
Novel Tourist

Where do I download the outlook toolbar? I've the latest version Skype 6.2

Message 6 of 7 (1,530 Views)
Super Aviator

Please use this direct link to download the latest version of Skype Email Toolbar.

http://www.skype.com/go/getextra-outlooktoolbar

What is the Skype Email Toolbar and how does it work?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 7 of 7 (1,522 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation