By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

"Skype has stopped working"

Casual Tourist

I use skype on a daily basis and all of a sudden I cannot make calls or chat with other skype members.  A few seconds after I sign in I get a thing that says, "Skype has stopped working."  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times and I keep getting the same thing.

Message 1 of 34 (16,247 Views)
33 Replies
Novel Tourist

I to am having this problem. 

I use skype on a daily basis to call and see my boyfriend. We both are having this issue and are both very frustrated. We have tried to uninstall and reinstall nothing works. I would like this problem resolved and if it is not I will find a new service to use...

Unhappy user...

Message 2 of 34 (16,238 Views)
Novel Tourist

I've been having the same problem with the "skype has stopped working" as soon as a video call has been answered.  Also, the last time i used skype i got a weird call from a "Skype Help" or something like that that seemed like spam. I wonder if that's related to the problem....I surely hope this is not permanent! HELP!!

Message 3 of 34 (16,229 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I can't even make a call. Where does one go to do that.

Message 4 of 34 (16,226 Views)
Honorary Adventurer

alot of us are having this skype crashing issue tonite--ck alot of other posts regarding this issue-its happening with both 110 and 124 skyype versions-even tried uninstalling and re-installing these versions and no solution -BUT after reading many posts concerning this issue some skype users have installed the latest version of skype --BETA 5.7.0.123 and it works so I am spreading the news ---I by the way have laptop with windows 7 /64 bit http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/   DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION ^^^^^^

Message 5 of 34 (16,212 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I think Microsoft is purposely doing this to encorage everyone to get paid membership. No quick support for "free" users. Microsoft is a money-greedy empire as you all know. This never happned before Microsoft took over. God bless Skype
Message 6 of 34 (16,200 Views)
Novel Tourist

thank you!! this solved the issue for now!

Message 7 of 34 (16,184 Views)
Casual Tourist

I've been trying to chat. I get a "Skype is not working" message after I log on and try to type a message or do a video call. I have downloaded a new version of skype but it still does not work. HELP!

Message 8 of 34 (16,176 Views)
Honorary Adventurer

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/  IF U READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS THIS LATEST VERSION THAT I SUPPLIED THE LINK FOR WORKS AND STOPS THE SKYPE CRASHING ISSUE PROBLEM-I BY THE WAY HAVE WINDOWS 7/64 BIT

Message 9 of 34 (16,166 Views)
Novel Tourist

Mine has stopped working as well and my daughters..Please fix this...help us

Message 10 of 34 (16,120 Views)
Discussion Stats