By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

europe: use af skype to go

Highlighted
Novel Tourist

Hello - I have a skype account registred in DK - and a skype to go number.

Also I have set up some Direct Dial numbers in my registred phone.

Can I use these numbers from my mobile on no costs when I travel to Germany or Italy?
Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (666 Views)
2 Replies
Staff Moderator

UL2211 wrote:
Can I use these numbers from my mobile on no costs when I travel to Germany or Italy?

Hello,
Unfortunately you can't. The STG program is not available in either Germany or Italy.       

http://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-to-go-number/

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3 (632 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I am in the USA. I will be traveling to Germany, Switzerland and Italy.  I will be purchasing a local German SIM card for my Galaxy S5 phone to have a local German number.

Can I 'Forward' my Skype phone to the German mobile number to receive calls placed in the USA to my local USA mobile which I will have forwarded to my Skype number?

If so, I assume that my USA based Skype number will incur the long distance rates for such calls which again, would be forwarded to my local Germany mobile phone.

Will this work?  I have read and read through the Skype help and forums and it seems no one is asking this particular question.

Can you help and elaborate?

Thanks,

Kurt Gross

Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation