By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Why no App for Samsung 6000 series!!

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

How come you can only get skype on the 7000 and 8000 series but not the 6000 series if we still have internet capabilities and smart hub? I can even use it on my iphone so when are you fetching out an update for the Samsung 6000 users?

Message 1 of 9 (7,160 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Hi

Assuming that your Samsung Series 6500+ TV is a 2011 model, then Skype should be available and pre-installed. It should appear on the Smart Hub menu, on the second page of icons at the bottom (you have to navigate right to get to it). The lower end of the 6000 series range didn't support Skype in 2011.

We are expecting the software for 2012 TVs to be released by Samsung shortly. It will become available as part of TV software update.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9 (7,384 Views)
8 Replies
Novel Tourist

Amazingly, no reply, what a surprise!

I'm wondering the same thing! I managed to load the Skype application on my 6000 series TV using an Apache web server and the Skype widget/app that's currently in circulation. However, even with the Samsung CY-STC1100 attached the app doesn't execute. It just sits there with the status 'Connecting...', which takes me back into the dark ages when error handling didn't exist. I'm guessing it's a firmware issue because the webcam doesn't illuminate with the little blue light that says it's alive. It would be good if somebody cam back and said why you have to spend £1200-£2500 to appreciate Skype (freeware) on your TV.

Message 2 of 9 (7,106 Views)
Staff
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Hi

Assuming that your Samsung Series 6500+ TV is a 2011 model, then Skype should be available and pre-installed. It should appear on the Smart Hub menu, on the second page of icons at the bottom (you have to navigate right to get to it). The lower end of the 6000 series range didn't support Skype in 2011.

We are expecting the software for 2012 TVs to be released by Samsung shortly. It will become available as part of TV software update.

Message 3 of 9 (7,385 Views)
Novel Tourist

Any update on this?  I have a 2012 d6500 and the Skype app is not appearing in the app store.

Message 4 of 9 (6,357 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same thing here, a 55" smart TV with Twitter, Google Talk, and Facebook but Skype isn't available.  Sounds like a money grab. 

How much is Samsung paying you?

Message 5 of 9 (5,528 Views)
Casual Tourist

Helo,

I have a Samsung smart tv Model:UN46H6203AFXZA.Could you let me know if there is a compatible skyppe app availble for this tv?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 9 (1,770 Views)
Staff

Hi

Unfortunately we have recently been advised by Samsung that the H6203 models do not support Skype.

Message 7 of 9 (1,613 Views)
Novel Tourist

Hello,

please can you advice which model of Skype camera is best for Samsung Tv UE40ES 6900 as i want to buy one.

Many thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 9 (1,057 Views)
Staff

The ES6900 TVs need either the VG-STC2000 or the VG-STC3000 cameras. Unfortunately these are both quite hard to come by now, so you may need to search around a bit on ebay (or similar). Please note that the later Samsung cameras (the STV4000 and STC5000) do NOT work with the ES6900

Thanks

Message 9 of 9 (983 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation