By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Unable to verify text phone number

Casual Tourist

Skype says it has sent a verification code to mobile phone but SMS never received. Ordinary SMS mesages go to same mobile phone with no problem. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (1,010 Views)
4 Replies
Novel Tourist

Same here! I haven't gotten a text verifying my # even though I have Sprint and my number is the same as normal cell phone #? No verification by standard text message or skpe text! IN FACT it still shows my account as having no credit on phone and tablet although I have a month PAID (offer from skype), will not even consider buying credit unless fixed! Anyone know why? and yes I have asked to resend but no text....... ??????

Novel Adventurer
Same here for me; suddenly my account is unverified and when I try to re-verify it, my phone doesn't receive any message from Skype.

Message 3 of 5 (982 Views)
Casual Tourist

Same here. I used to be able to verify my numbers no problem (even in Ecuador and the UK). However, I just got a new US number and I've tried about 4 times to get a code sent and nothing happens.

Message 4 of 5 (963 Views)
Novel Tourist
ditto for me, so what the hell do i DO???????
Message 5 of 5 (883 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation