By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Sony Bravia smart tv skype problem with connection

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novel Adventurer

Hi,

I'm the owner of sony bravia KDL42W805A tv, used skype app on this tv very often ( of course with compatible sony camera ). Couple days ago I started to have a problem with that app. Every time when I try to log in, skype is showing me that it can't connect to internet, and asking to check internet connection settings in tv. I checked thhat many times and everything is fine, other app which need internet connection working fine ( you tube, internet browser ). I have the latest firmware in tv, and I also tried to reset tv to the factory default - without the results. Could anybody help me to find solution for it. I will be appreciate

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 5 (14,111 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Novel Tourist
Solution
Accepted as a solution by mat-neo
‎28-08-2015 11:00

My Sony KDL42W805A did exactly the same - Skype worked early last week, then would not connect. The Sony website - http://www.sony-europe.com/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/skype-disabled-on-some-tvs/KDL-42W805A - has details of the models affected.

However, my TV updated itself this morning and Skype now works again, once I had logged back in. If your TV has not updated, connect it to the internet, go to settings > product support > software update and, with luck, you should be able to use Skype again.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5 (15,051 Views)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Novel Tourist
Solution
Accepted as a solution by mat-neo
‎28-08-2015 11:00

My Sony KDL42W805A did exactly the same - Skype worked early last week, then would not connect. The Sony website - http://www.sony-europe.com/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/skype-disabled-on-some-tvs/KDL-42W805A - has details of the models affected.

However, my TV updated itself this morning and Skype now works again, once I had logged back in. If your TV has not updated, connect it to the internet, go to settings > product support > software update and, with luck, you should be able to use Skype again.

Message 2 of 5 (15,052 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you very much for your reply. My tv download new update last night, and after that skype is working fine

Message 3 of 5 (14,002 Views)
Novel Tourist

I also have the Bravia KDL 42w805 , the latest firmware 2015 in my work skype still does not , he says that the password and user name 'm wrong, I terwel him well for

Message 4 of 5 (2,038 Views)
Casual Tourist
I have a Bravia KD-65X8500B I'm also having problems with Skype I have tried updating software all up to date, tried resetting skype app still no go. Any other suggestions thanks
Message 5 of 5 (1,688 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation