By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype for google TV

Novel Tourist

I talked to tech support at sony and they said blueray BDPS780 is skype installed and ready and can be used with the sony internet tv

Message 31 of 48 (6,112 Views)
Novel Tourist

We purchased 6 Logitech Revue Systems for the sole purpose of using the internet and web calling for Christmas just to learn we must have purchased the last 6 in the State of FL.   Apparently Logitech no longer supports or is selling these systems.  Would have been nice if someone had informed us of that fact prior to our purchase.  We love the system however, now we are looking to find a compatible system whereby other friends and family members can join in our world of web calling via web cam Logitech Revue -Google TV

Message 32 of 48 (5,519 Views)
Novel Tourist

will skype be available for logitech revue google tv 

Message 33 of 48 (1,545 Views)
Novel Tourist

I just learned, if you don`t like troubles --> buy an Apple product, firmware support even for older products, working the same way like other apple products, apps are tested and virus free, they produce what customer wants, can use and make their lif

proudmama24 wrote:

We would love to have an application for Google TV I would use it for my family!! Do you know if one is coming out for Google TV?

Thanks

proudmama24 wrote:

We would love to have an application for Google TV I would use it for my family!! Do you know if one is coming out for Google TV?

Thanks

e easier. Probably the first tech company who understood.

Message 34 of 48 (4,719 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I just learned from Sony the reason why we can't Skype on the googletv, is because either one or both companies are being **bleep** about it and they cant'get together on an agreement. I still say we need to investigate if there are any legal grounds for legal action, like a Class Action. If there is a layer out there who has some free time GO FOR IT.

Message 35 of 48 (4,143 Views)
Novel Tourist

Actually Skype with video chat works fine on my Motorola Xoom tablet running Android

4.x (Ice cream sandwich) It also worked before I upgraded from Honey comb.

Message 36 of 48 (4,580 Views)
Novel Tourist

I am selling my google TV since it doesn't have skype. I can't force everyone to switch to google TV so that we can chat. Even Apple TV supports skype!

Message 37 of 48 (4,029 Views)
Tourist

Knowing that Microsoft took over the Skype... will Google TV ever get Skype?!? =)

Message 38 of 48 (1,260 Views)
Casual Tourist
Hi all

Are there any plans for a Skype app for Google TV (Android) in particular for the Sony Google TV box (NSZ-GS7)

Thanks in advance
Message 39 of 48 (2,484 Views)
Novel Tourist

I would really like it also.  Logitec is good ( great - but expensive camera) by doesn't have same capabilities and my family already has Skype.

Message 40 of 48 (3,269 Views)
Discussion Stats