By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype To Go : How to register "calling from" phone in a different country

Novel Adventurer

My account is based in the USA. I registered my USA mobile phone as the phone that I'm calling from for Skype To Go.

I am currently in Australia with an Australian mobile phone. I want to register the Australian mobile phone as a phone that I'm calling from for Skype To Go. However, when I go to the "Manage Your Registered Phones" page at https://secure.skype.com/skypetogo/settings/phone-numbers , I am unable to register a phone number outside of the USA. When I try to register a new phone, "United States" is already preselected and cannot be changed. I am unable to delete or change the previously registered phone number to an Australian number.

How can I register my Australian mobile phone as the phone that I'm dialing from for Skype To Go?

thanks for any help you can offer

Message 1 of 2 (1,600 Views)
1 Reply
Novel Adventurer

Never mind--I figured it out. What I had to do was change the "nearest location" from the USA to Australia. This deleted my previously registered "calling from" number and allowed me to register a new one in Australia. Thanks!

Message 2 of 2 (1,596 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation