By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Group Video calls on Panasonic Vierra

Casual Tourist

Have just purchased a Premium account to run group calls on my Panasonic Vierra TV. This appears not possible at this time. Has anybody else had this issue or has a solution?

Message 1 of 8 (2,487 Views)
7 Replies
Former Staff

Unfortunately, Group Video Calling is not yet available on Skype on your TV.

Message 2 of 8 (2,456 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Is this likely to change?? Its a pretty key element to Skype and makes the use of Skype on the Panasonic TVs pretty worthless otherwise!

What a hassle to have to link up my PC via HDMI to use the Skype service over a TV with Skype 'semi functionality' already built in...its not enough that the Panasonic camera is overpriced ??

Message 3 of 8 (2,301 Views)
Novel Adventurer

OK! I am totally with you.  Bought the Panasonic Vierra TV which boasted supporting Skype.  Then the Skype App would not woek until I had the video cam.  Bought the Panasonic Video Cam to get everything working only to find out that the Panasonic Skype App did not support group video calling.  Bummer!  Why couldn't they just tell us that before we wasted all that money.  I am very dissapointed with Panasonic and Skype.

Message 4 of 8 (2,216 Views)
Novel Adventurer

We purchased two Panasonic Smart TVs to replace our aging projectors with the idea we would also be able to make Skype conference calls. What a disappointment to discover we could only call one other location. Is there an expected upgrade data for the Skype TV app? I see people with Samsung TVs are also asking for the upgrade. In the meantime, I'm looking into Google Hangout as an option.

Message 5 of 8 (2,078 Views)
Casual Tourist

We have 3 panasonic TVs with cameras, Very disappointing to see that group calling is not supported.

Message 6 of 8 (1,835 Views)
Novel Tourist

I too am very disappointed that group calling is not supported on my new Panasonic tv. Is there any update from Panasonic about when this will be available? I notice that no one from Skype has posted a response to the last query.

Also will the sms feature ever be supported on Panasonic tv's as this can make a call doable when/if the sound drops out?

Message 7 of 8 (1,577 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Please notice, there's another discussion regarding this, subject "Panasonic TX-L42E6B Group Video"

(sorry, I dont know how to insert a direct link to it here)

Message 8 of 8 (1,268 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 8 in conversation