By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Panasonic Blueray --- SKYPE not working properly

Highlighted
Casual Tourist

I have tried to use Skype in Blue-ray player (DMP-BDT210) but it keeps saying I have too many contacts to use Skype.

I purchased this unit basically for Skype. How many contacts can I have to be able to use it?

I mean, what is the point to have a Skype-activated gadget if I can not use it with my contacts??!! This was a nasty surprise to be honest, not what I was expecting!!!

By the way, I deleted most of my contacts from Skype and STILL I can't use it...! That means I need to have no contacts in Skype -- to call who then???!!!? Why I would need this unit if I have no contacts to call, What for?!!!!!

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (461 Views)
1 Reply
Novel Adventurer

PANASONIC AND SKYPE - WARNING

I bought a BDT 330 - I chose that model over other makes mainly because it claimed it had Skype.

Skype did not work, so I contacted Panasonic customer support.

They insisted - over several emails that they DID have Skype on this model, and that I must be doing something wrong.

So I took the 330 back to Curry's who contacted Panasonic dealer support. Curry were told that Panasonic had REMOVED  Skype, owing to technical problems. So I contacted Panasonic Customer support (who had been telling untruths to me) who then said that Skype would be put back in the next firmware update. OK, so I waited for the next firmare update as they suggested. So, I updated the firmware and - guess what - STILL NO SKYPE.  Panasonic had fed me a further "statement that did not correspond with reality".

I have now lodged a formal complaint with Panasonic.

btw - I have all the emails to support the above statements.

Message 2 of 2 (254 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation