By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Is "Channel Partner" program defunct?

Novel Adventurer

There are several places during the sign-up for Skype Manager that refer to the Channel Partner program - but when you click on the link it goes to a  generic Skype home page??  I had spoke to a "channel partner" back in July, but the phone number he gave me at the time (an 800 number) rings through to a voicemail that directs me back t o the skype home page....

so is this program defunct?  I only care because it seemed like a way to get some additional help/support regarding enterprise questions.

4 Replies
Tourist

Defunct appears to be the correct word...  Based on the fact that Skype no longer accepts new applicants for this program: see the bad application links at http://www.skype.com/intl/en/business/partners/overview/, and the fact that nowhere on the Skype website is there a list of available channel partners, I'd say defunct is probably the right word. 

Rx
Novel Tourist

Afer paying for the Premium account forever, I want to know about any other benefits such as the Channel Partner.

How can we get information?

Novel Tourist
Well as I was one of 6 service partners in UK and listed on styles website for a period of time, I can confirm its dead. I got a letter from a US postbox address with Skype logo saying thanks for your support and goodbye. No mention of the re-imbursement and pay i was promised, by the UK Skype team. It was a big sum and put me out of business. Guess that's a thanks from the big guys who sold out for x billion dollars.
Casual Tourist

The whole site is full of this kind of inconsistencies. I'm trying to ask for info and nothing.. Skype is great but the web and the support is pathetic... 

Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation