By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to remove Skype from Outlook.com?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novel Tourist

I want to remove my Skype from my outlook.com account. Whenever I want to just check my email, it automatically signs me into Skype with no way for me to sign out.

I don't want this, I want it removed. I keep my emails open 24/7 to check them, I don't want to be on Skype 24/7. How can I sign out of or remove the Skype connection with Outlook.com?

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 95 (142,276 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Tourist
Solution
Accepted by Elaine (Moderator)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

To remove it do the following: 1) Go to Skype.com 2) Login with your Skype ID and password. 3) My account Page will open, there, click on Account settings. 4) In this page, you will find your Skype Name & under it the Microsoft account. 5) Click on Unlink in the Microsoft account and confirm it. Then you will get rid of Skype login every time you check your emails on Outlook. Have a happy new year. Ahmad

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12211/how-do-i-unlink-my-skype-and-microsoft-or-facebook-accounts

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 95 (164,520 Views)
94 Replies
Novel Tourist

i need this too somebody please help

Message 2 of 95 (142,092 Views)
Novel Tourist

This is a major privacy issue, I cannot believe there is no way to turn this off.

Message 3 of 95 (141,987 Views)
Community Manager

Click on your account picture on top right on www.outlook.com

You will have the option to change your status to "invisible" there and won't be shown online to your Skype contacts.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 4 of 95 (141,944 Views)
Casual Tourist

This is so annoying, i dont want to login on skype every time i go check my emails
please, make a option where ask if i want to log automatically or not...

or anything like this...

Message 5 of 95 (141,673 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Just log out if Skype, and if that does not work, disable the Skype sddin for outlook. :-)
Message 6 of 95 (141,586 Views)
Novel Tourist
Solution
Accepted by Elaine (Moderator)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

To remove it do the following: 1) Go to Skype.com 2) Login with your Skype ID and password. 3) My account Page will open, there, click on Account settings. 4) In this page, you will find your Skype Name & under it the Microsoft account. 5) Click on Unlink in the Microsoft account and confirm it. Then you will get rid of Skype login every time you check your emails on Outlook. Have a happy new year. Ahmad

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12211/how-do-i-unlink-my-skype-and-microsoft-or-facebook-accounts

Message 7 of 95 (164,521 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Thanks man , worked 

Message 8 of 95 (140,414 Views)

Thank you, Helper22, for providing the detailed instructions!  y):

Marked as the "solution" so others can quickly find the assistance you provided.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!
Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
Message 9 of 95 (140,216 Views)
Novel Tourist

This is the best solution if you're using an Outlook/Hotmail  for Skype. 

Message 10 of 95 (103,859 Views)