By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to get an online number quickly?

Casual Adventurer

The current system keeps on complaining about available number, but at least you should have an ability to generate one once 4 tries are not available?  What gives?

5 Replies
Staff Moderator

knowledgenotebk wrote:

What gives?

Online #s are owned and allocated by the responsible telco in any given country/area - not Skype.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6 (581 Views)
Casual Adventurer

It's a good pointer, so, I gave you kodu and thank you, once the problem is resolved quickly, I'll then mark it as a solution.  Weird though, screen looks so pretty but system design is flawed.

Message 3 of 6 (568 Views)
Casual Adventurer

skype email support is unhelpful.  I specifically asked them to generate a number for me since their system has a problem of doing so but they still have not.

Do they have a support phone number to call?  Thanks.

Message 4 of 6 (542 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Problem.  Their email support still hasn't responded?  Is it likely some bad guy, I mean, corrupt/misinformed security apparatus individual messed me up?  Otherwise, I don't see any reason why such a simple task that skype support would fail to do.

Message 5 of 6 (527 Views)
Casual Tourist

I have trying to get an on line # for four days i am in Fl. and would like to have a PH. #."Frustrated"

Message 6 of 6 (484 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation