By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to change Skype name?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Casual Adventurer

Hi there,

I would like to know how to change my Skype name.  I created this account a long ago with a novelty name, and recently started using it after upgrading to broadband.  However, it's now causing confusion amongst friends on Skype, as the novelty name is in no way related to my real name.  They look at the name and wonder, who is this on my contact list, or who is this trying to add me as a contact?  I don't want to delete this account and have to create another one, as I have credit assigned to it.  Thanks.

Deborah

Message 1 of 4 (55,095 Views)
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by hazeydawn
‎28-08-2015 11:00

There is no way to change your Skype name. Once created, it's forever. However, you can change your display name, i.e. your Full Name.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4 (55,482 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Solution
Thanks ruwin! How do I change my display name so that it shows as "Firstname Lastname" on people's contact lists rather than "hazeydawn"? I may be overlooking the obvious, but I can't see a 'change display name' option anywhere under profile editing options. Thanks again.

Deborah

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4 (55,472 Views)
3 Replies
Community Ambassador
Solution

There is no way to change your Skype name. Once created, it's forever. However, you can change your display name, i.e. your Full Name.

Message 2 of 4 (55,483 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Solution
Thanks ruwin! How do I change my display name so that it shows as "Firstname Lastname" on people's contact lists rather than "hazeydawn"? I may be overlooking the obvious, but I can't see a 'change display name' option anywhere under profile editing options. Thanks again.

Deborah
Message 3 of 4 (55,473 Views)
Community Ambassador

If you are on Windows, then your display name is your Full name, which you should see in Profile next to your profile picture. Right now I can see that you have entered there Deborah B[****].

Name annotated to maintain confidentiality.

Message 4 of 4 (55,063 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 25 kudos
  • 2 in conversation