I have a 42" Panasonic Viera and a Panasonic TY-CC20W webcam. I set it up and everything was fine, the video on the cam was crystal clear. Then I pushed the reset button in the video settings of skype and the picture suddenly got darker. I can't restore it to the way it was before no matter how I adjust the various color/brightness settings. Any thoughts on what I can do?
Hi, I got the same problem when I pressed reset button in Skype. However I got back my factory setting on TY-CC20W, here is what you need to do:
1. Unplug the TY-CC20W from your TV.
2. Attach it to any Laptop or desktop (running windows 7 would be best as it will install the drivers for TY-CC20W automatically).
3. Now open any Web camera application (if you don't have then install one - Google it).
4. Search for camera control settings in Options or tools menu or settings button etc (this settings will be in Advanced settings of your software that you would be using, basically this will be camera specific settings, not of the software).
5. Search for "Exposure" setting and set it to auto or press Default button if you see it.
6. Hit Apply and remove your TY-CC20W from PC or Laptop and connect back to your TV.
7. That's it, you will get the original settings back.
Skype need to put "Exposure" settings as well in the TV's application camera settings or at least fix the reset button to reset the Exposure value as well.
Did everything like MirAli wrote and it worked!
Connected the Panasonic TY-CC20W to my desktop with Windows 7 on it.
The drivers were installed automatically, Windows downloaded them from the internet.
In skype set the exposure to Auto and that's it!
MirAli thank you!
MirAli's solution worked for me as well. Just open skype, go to video settings and then on the second tab of the camera settings there's a bunch of lines with different settings and a column for "auto" on the right. Check the "auto" box for "Exposure", just as instructed above. Woke mine up... and all is well. Thanks much for showing us how to fix this.
I used VLC on Ubuntu Linux 10.04. No drivers, just pluged in, opened camera in VLC and clicked Reset To Default Settings. Skype on TV now has good colors.
Thanks fo the advice. But Skype should fix there software to provide access to all camera settings.
Brilliant, followed the instructions worked a treat, why is there no setting on the TV, I was about to send my camera back until I came across this solution