By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Do I need Skype Credit to call a Skype number?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novel Adventurer

After 8 minutes of talking from my Skype name to a Skype number, the call disconnected, and won't reconnect because I "need to get Skype credit to call this number." But I'm using Skype to call it. Is that normal? Is there a charge for a Skype user to call a Skype number? TIA

Message 1 of 4 (3,193 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by RibEye
‎28-08-2015 11:00
calling a Skype Online number is like calling any other PSTN phone number -- you need Skype Credit or a suitable calling subscription

furthermore it usually makes no sense to use Skype to call a Skype Online number, because if you already know the Skype Name associated with the Online number, you can call the user for free already
Regards,
Neil

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4 (3,296 Views)
3 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Does anyone know where I can post this question to get an answer? TIA.

Message 2 of 4 (3,164 Views)
Super Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by RibEye
‎28-08-2015 11:00
calling a Skype Online number is like calling any other PSTN phone number -- you need Skype Credit or a suitable calling subscription

furthermore it usually makes no sense to use Skype to call a Skype Online number, because if you already know the Skype Name associated with the Online number, you can call the user for free already
Regards,
Neil
Message 3 of 4 (3,297 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Thank you. That was helpful.
Message 4 of 4 (3,131 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation