By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Connection problems

Novel Tourist

Why does my skype keep losing connection after about 2-8 mins? I don't think it's the internet, cause it works fine on everything else, but when I get on skype, it keeps cutting out.

Message 1 of 6 (7,649 Views)
5 Replies

heidihulewicz wrote:

Why does my skype keep losing connection after about 2-8 mins? I don't think it's the internet, cause it works fine on everything else, but when I get on skype, it keeps cutting out.

Are you using a wireless network nearby other possible wireless networks, like near or in an apartment/condo like building that might be on your same wireless channel?

If so, please see this free program that can tell you if this is causing you issues as well.

http://virtualtelephoneservices.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8

If this is a laptop/notebook, it could be overheating, during long video calls, this free program can tell you if this is the case.

http://almico.com/speedfan.php

About Me You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
Message 2 of 6 (7,646 Views)
Tourist

I have connection problems on skype unless both incoming and out going camera;s are turned off.

Message 3 of 6 (6,290 Views)
Novel Adventurer

The same problem is occurring at my daughter's house, the Skype call cuts out after 2  1/2 minutes, whether on laptop or iPad. 

Message 4 of 6 (6,144 Views)
Novel Tourist

On the 24th of november 2012, my Skype automatically updated itself and will not let me sign in at all. I can log in to Skype on other devices such as Ipads, phones, etc. But when it comes to logging in on my laptop, it is saying that I am unable to connect because their is a connection problem. I've uninstalled Skype and reinstalled it many of times since but nothing's changed. Can anyone help me please?

Message 5 of 6 (6,096 Views)
Casual Tourist

i cannot connect

Message 6 of 6 (6,071 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation