By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Cannot sync contact list on Panasonic TV

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novel Adventurer

The Freetalk camera model 7181 worked fine until about 2 weeks ago, when we were suddenly not able to log-in to our main Skype account on our Panasonic TV anymore. Our main account has two subscriptions and some credit. The error message says “cannot sync contact list”.  We tried all the solutions posted here online, but it is still not working. The main Skype account works perfect on the PC though.

We now found out that the firmware is loaded on the Freetalk camera, not on the Panasonic TV.  We connected the Freetalk camera to our computer and tried to update the driver. It says that this is the most recent driver. Driver details are 6.0.6001.18000 dated 6/21/06. 

We are at the end of our wisdom. Can somebody please help?

Message 1 of 5 (4,703 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by jgara
‎28-08-2015 11:00

I put the birthday on my Skype profile and voila I was able to log-in to my main account on my Panasonic TV TC-P42GT25.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5 (4,840 Views)
4 Replies
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by jgara
‎28-08-2015 11:00

I put the birthday on my Skype profile and voila I was able to log-in to my main account on my Panasonic TV TC-P42GT25.

Message 2 of 5 (4,841 Views)
Highlighted
Tourist

Until a few days ago my i.Pad,Sony vaio laptop and panasonic tv,Allworked fine with skype.Now the tv will not work with skype,I get as far as entering the correct skype name and password,Then i get the cant sync with my contacts,It is very annoying.

EDIT : title/message case changed.

Message 3 of 5 (4,521 Views)
Novel Adventurer

login to skype on your computer, not panasonic tv, and update your skype profile with your "gender" and "birthday" and then try to login on the panasonic tv again. This way it worked for us.

Message 4 of 5 (4,505 Views)
Tourist

When I try to sign into skype on my panasonic tv it cannot sync, then it tells me to many contacts open new account, but nothing has changed. any solutions please 

Message 5 of 5 (1,981 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation