By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Cannot sign in.

Novel Adventurer

Hi, I am having issues signing into skype at all, It loads for about 4-6 minutes and then just fails the connection.

My internet is working fine and Skype is working fine on any other computers I have, Any ideas?

7 Replies
Community Ambassador

What Firewall and Antivirus applications are installed on your computer?

Novel Adventurer

I am using Avast and windows firewall.

Community Ambassador

Try to disable Avast Firewall.

Novel Adventurer

The same connection problem has happened with me, and the internet is working fine. It loads for a while then says 'Skype can't connect' and it's been doing that every time I try to log in for about 2 months now.

Please help.

P.S My firewall is Norton 360

Novel Adventurer

Turns out Mcafee messed with my firewall, Got it working by turning off the firewalls.

Thanks!

Novel Adventurer

Norton 360 is managing my firewall and I haven't a clue on how to change the settings because I know it must be why I can't sign in. I've tried following about 4 sets of instructions from people that sound like they've had the same problem as I have and nothing has worked so I think I will take my laptop to PC World / Currys this week because I need my Skype!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Community Ambassador

frankieclarke wrote:

Norton 360 is managing my firewall and I haven't a clue on how to change the settings because I know it must be why I can't sign in. I've tried following about 4 sets of instructions from people that sound like they've had the same problem as I have and nothing has worked so I think I will take my laptop to PC World / Currys this week because I need my Skype!!!!!!!!!

See this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=20080410211526EN&product...

Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation