By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Cannot sign in.

Novel Adventurer

Hi, I am having issues signing into skype at all, It loads for about 4-6 minutes and then just fails the connection.

My internet is working fine and Skype is working fine on any other computers I have, Any ideas?

Message 1 of 8 (724 Views)
7 Replies
Community Ambassador

What Firewall and Antivirus applications are installed on your computer?

Message 2 of 8 (718 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I am using Avast and windows firewall.

Message 3 of 8 (715 Views)
Community Ambassador

Try to disable Avast Firewall.

Message 4 of 8 (710 Views)
Novel Adventurer

The same connection problem has happened with me, and the internet is working fine. It loads for a while then says 'Skype can't connect' and it's been doing that every time I try to log in for about 2 months now.

Please help.

P.S My firewall is Norton 360

Message 5 of 8 (696 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Turns out Mcafee messed with my firewall, Got it working by turning off the firewalls.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 8 (681 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Norton 360 is managing my firewall and I haven't a clue on how to change the settings because I know it must be why I can't sign in. I've tried following about 4 sets of instructions from people that sound like they've had the same problem as I have and nothing has worked so I think I will take my laptop to PC World / Currys this week because I need my Skype!!!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 8 (677 Views)
Highlighted
Community Ambassador

frankieclarke wrote:

Norton 360 is managing my firewall and I haven't a clue on how to change the settings because I know it must be why I can't sign in. I've tried following about 4 sets of instructions from people that sound like they've had the same problem as I have and nothing has worked so I think I will take my laptop to PC World / Currys this week because I need my Skype!!!!!!!!!

See this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=20080410211526EN&product...

Message 8 of 8 (673 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation