By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

CAN NOT SIP A SKYPE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION??!!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Routine Adventurer

This is the 21st century!

WHY does this have to be so DIFFICULT?

Why is there no method to SIP a PREMIUM subscription??!!??!!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Routine Adventurer

The problem that I configured a PREMIUM account and a PHONE NUMBER that I have distributed far and wide!

Skype DOES NOT make it clear that ONLY Skype phones will be able to use that subscription! I already have a Pansonic KX-TGP550 with 4 handsets. I'm NOT about to go spend money on a SEPARATE Skype phone.

Furthermore, there is no E911 and apparently it is IMPOSSIBLE (though I know for a FACT that it IS possible) to take my EXISTING PREMIUM NUMBER to a Skype Connect configuration and create a SIP Profile! That is LAME and STUPID!!! All THAT does is tick off customers and make them leave!!!

Fine. I can do that. I'm finding Skype is an incredibly poor and underpowered solution. That's a good reason to jump ship and look for something better!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
4 Replies
Staff Moderator

Hello,

Checking for you.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Community Manager Emeritus

Please have a look at "Skype Connect" our Skype for SIP/PBX product that allows to purchase and allocated subscriptions:

http://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-connect/

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks"
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Routine Adventurer

The problem that I configured a PREMIUM account and a PHONE NUMBER that I have distributed far and wide!

Skype DOES NOT make it clear that ONLY Skype phones will be able to use that subscription! I already have a Pansonic KX-TGP550 with 4 handsets. I'm NOT about to go spend money on a SEPARATE Skype phone.

Furthermore, there is no E911 and apparently it is IMPOSSIBLE (though I know for a FACT that it IS possible) to take my EXISTING PREMIUM NUMBER to a Skype Connect configuration and create a SIP Profile! That is LAME and STUPID!!! All THAT does is tick off customers and make them leave!!!

Fine. I can do that. I'm finding Skype is an incredibly poor and underpowered solution. That's a good reason to jump ship and look for something better!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Novel Adventurer
It gets worse! If you are are set up as a Skype manager and allocate a subscription to a member you cannot then give them a SIP channel so they use their top of range desk top video Handset. Skype expect you to write off the subscription and create a virgin account and another subscription.
Flag for a Moderator
Message 5 of 5
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation