By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

CAN NOT SIP A SKYPE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION??!!

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

This is the 21st century!

WHY does this have to be so DIFFICULT?

Why is there no method to SIP a PREMIUM subscription??!!??!!

Message 1 of 5 (959 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Casual Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by jimbotexas
‎28-08-2015 11:00

The problem that I configured a PREMIUM account and a PHONE NUMBER that I have distributed far and wide!

Skype DOES NOT make it clear that ONLY Skype phones will be able to use that subscription! I already have a Pansonic KX-TGP550 with 4 handsets. I'm NOT about to go spend money on a SEPARATE Skype phone.

Furthermore, there is no E911 and apparently it is IMPOSSIBLE (though I know for a FACT that it IS possible) to take my EXISTING PREMIUM NUMBER to a Skype Connect configuration and create a SIP Profile! That is LAME and STUPID!!! All THAT does is tick off customers and make them leave!!!

Fine. I can do that. I'm finding Skype is an incredibly poor and underpowered solution. That's a good reason to jump ship and look for something better!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5 (935 Views)
4 Replies
Staff Moderator

Hello,

Checking for you.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5 (929 Views)
Community Manager

Please have a look at "Skype Connect" our Skype for SIP/PBX product that allows to purchase and allocated subscriptions:

http://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-connect/

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 3 of 5 (911 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by jimbotexas
‎28-08-2015 11:00

The problem that I configured a PREMIUM account and a PHONE NUMBER that I have distributed far and wide!

Skype DOES NOT make it clear that ONLY Skype phones will be able to use that subscription! I already have a Pansonic KX-TGP550 with 4 handsets. I'm NOT about to go spend money on a SEPARATE Skype phone.

Furthermore, there is no E911 and apparently it is IMPOSSIBLE (though I know for a FACT that it IS possible) to take my EXISTING PREMIUM NUMBER to a Skype Connect configuration and create a SIP Profile! That is LAME and STUPID!!! All THAT does is tick off customers and make them leave!!!

Fine. I can do that. I'm finding Skype is an incredibly poor and underpowered solution. That's a good reason to jump ship and look for something better!

Message 4 of 5 (936 Views)
Novel Adventurer
It gets worse! If you are are set up as a Skype manager and allocate a subscription to a member you cannot then give them a SIP channel so they use their top of range desk top video Handset. Skype expect you to write off the subscription and create a virgin account and another subscription.
Message 5 of 5 (142 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation