By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Android App and 'Skype WiFi'

SOLVED
Go to solution
Casual Tourist

I (successfully) installed Skype on my Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile and it has now overridden my existing local phone plan with Vodafone - I can't access my Vodafone message bank or make any local calls from my contacts that don't have country codes added.  Any way around this?

Casual Tourist
Confusing
Casual Tourist

i am happy with this skype

bi
Novel Adventurer

I want  'Skype WiFi'.Please help me.

Highlighted
Novel Tourist

1) How to use Skype on android phone so you only connect when there is wi-fi available?

2) If Skypi wi-fi is function enabled, then is your phone always connected to mobile roaming 24 hours a day?

3) I see her on line all day. she might recieve a wopping roaming charge back home....

Novel Tourist

nigsy wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Galaxy S3 with the Skype app installed.

I spend a lot of time staying in hotels that use Spectrum or Boingo for WiFi access, so I set up a SKype WiFi account with auto topup on the credit.

This works fine on my laptop, but I can't find any option to connect my mobile phone via Skype WiFi. I don't always want to unpack my laptop, charger and all that!!

nigsy wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Galaxy S3 with the Skype app installed.

I spend a lot of time staying in hotels that use Spectrum or Boingo for WiFi access, so I set up a SKype WiFi account with auto topup on the credit.

This works fine on my laptop, but I can't find any option to connect my mobile phone via Skype WiFi. I don't always want to unpack my laptop, charger and all that!!

Novel Tourist

skype wifi

Discussion Stats