By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Android App and 'Skype WiFi'

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Casual Tourist

I (successfully) installed Skype on my Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile and it has now overridden my existing local phone plan with Vodafone - I can't access my Vodafone message bank or make any local calls from my contacts that don't have country codes added.  Any way around this?

Message 11 of 25 (2,315 Views)
Casual Tourist
Confusing
Message 12 of 25 (2,084 Views)
Casual Tourist

i am happy with this skype

Message 13 of 25 (2,004 Views)
bi
Novel Adventurer

I want  'Skype WiFi'.Please help me.

Message 14 of 25 (1,929 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

1) How to use Skype on android phone so you only connect when there is wi-fi available?

2) If Skypi wi-fi is function enabled, then is your phone always connected to mobile roaming 24 hours a day?

3) I see her on line all day. she might recieve a wopping roaming charge back home....

Message 15 of 25 (1,864 Views)
Message 16 of 25 (1,779 Views)
Novel Tourist

nigsy wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Galaxy S3 with the Skype app installed.

I spend a lot of time staying in hotels that use Spectrum or Boingo for WiFi access, so I set up a SKype WiFi account with auto topup on the credit.

This works fine on my laptop, but I can't find any option to connect my mobile phone via Skype WiFi. I don't always want to unpack my laptop, charger and all that!!

nigsy wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Galaxy S3 with the Skype app installed.

I spend a lot of time staying in hotels that use Spectrum or Boingo for WiFi access, so I set up a SKype WiFi account with auto topup on the credit.

This works fine on my laptop, but I can't find any option to connect my mobile phone via Skype WiFi. I don't always want to unpack my laptop, charger and all that!!

Message 17 of 25 (1,699 Views)
Message 18 of 25 (1,529 Views)
Novel Tourist

skype wifi

Message 20 of 25 (1,416 Views)
Discussion Stats