By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Add an "Old Emoticons" option, please

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Casual Tourist

I've used Skype since the very early days. I must say I really miss the old emoticons.  An option to show the old set would be fantastic - it doesn't sound too difficult to implement. Us old-timers with Skype remember many a chat conversation using those cute little faces and would love to have them back.

Message 41 of 57 (1,653 Views)
Casual Tourist

I think I'm gonna downgrade to an older version of skype. I hate the new version of skype to begin with, And the smilies just made It worse. 

Message 42 of 57 (1,597 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I agree, can't stand the sight of new emots, they're dreadful.

Once again - why can't we have an option to use older version?

Message 43 of 57 (1,575 Views)
Community Manager
I'm sorry, but we won't be offering an "Show old emoticons" option. There are several implications, especially when it comes to cross-plattform compatibility which does not allow that for us.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 44 of 57 (1,554 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist
I so agree with you, these new ones are just like FLAT where as the others, well, they were sorta 3d if ya know what I mean...
Message 45 of 57 (1,523 Views)
Novel Tourist

Amen.  Oh, please please please.

Message 46 of 57 (1,464 Views)
Novel Tourist

So... wasn't Skype originally made for the users? For us?

This action of yours (not giving a **bleep** about users's opinion), our dear Skype mods and admins - speeks clearly that - you seek to see your vision on march, rather than our dreams and wishes in action.

So in a way - you just emphasize: "We own you - listen to us." with big capital words.

Don't care about the community? No wonder Facebook outbests you already...

Message 47 of 57 (1,217 Views)
Novel Adventurer

how about changing at least the new ones to resemble the old ones? the new ones are really bad and I am pretty sick of using the 4.0 skype version just because I cannot stand the look of the new emoticons!

Message 48 of 57 (1,071 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I second this request...

Message 49 of 57 (1,011 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Totally agree. We need old smileys
Message 50 of 57 (950 Views)