By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

ASUS SV1T videophone - can't download contacts

Casual Adventurer

My ASUS SV1T can no longer download the contact list. All it does is stay on the "Downloading contacts" dialog forever. I tried signing out of the account and signing into a brand new test account, and it did the same thing. The phone isn't really much use without the contact list. What should I do?

Message 1 of 36 (1,374 Views)
35 Replies
Routine Adventurer

Hi, I have the same problem. Any solution ? I tried to reset a few times, but the download message is still there. Thanks. A.

Message 2 of 36 (1,346 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Hi ,I have this problem also contacts downloading , any help out there, thanks

Message 3 of 36 (1,299 Views)
Casual Adventurer

There doesn't appear to be a solution. Skype's support doesn't care about this, and ASUS doesn't have a clue. I'm never buying an ASUS product again after this.

Message 4 of 36 (1,293 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Thanks for info still hoping Skype comes up with something.

Message 5 of 36 (1,287 Views)
Routine Adventurer

I guess this is an ASUS problem not a Skype one. Has anyone opened the phone ? Has anyone an idea how to "hardware-reset" it ?

Message 6 of 36 (1,271 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I think it's a software problem are Skype going to admit to blocking these phones after selling them. Come on Skype solve this problem.

Message 7 of 36 (1,256 Views)
Routine Adventurer

It is a software problem, but on an ASUS device. Guessing the operating system is property of ASUS, they will look after it. However, I opened a ticket. I keep you posted.

Message 8 of 36 (1,241 Views)
Routine Adventurer
What firmware version do you have ? and date ? is it: V4.0.0.5 dated 2010-07-20 ?
Message 9 of 36 (1,210 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Yes - V4.0.0.5, 2010-07-20.

Message 10 of 36 (1,200 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 8 in conversation