By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Unable to call in Moldova

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

When I try to call any number in Moldova (+373) I get "Destination temporary blocked". I am traveling in this country and can't buy a sim card because my phone is not independent, so I rely on Skype for calls. A tree fell on my car and I need to call the police to report this otherwise they won't let me out at the border with the messed up car. Please unblock Moldova!

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer

I signed off and signed on again and now it's working.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
4 Replies
Staff Moderator

Hello,

calls to Moldova are unblocked, it's just this specific number is blocked.

Most likely because it's police and calls to emergency numbers are not supported in all countries.

I am sorry, but you will have to call some other way.

I wish you good luck and sorry for the inconvenience.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Novel Adventurer

I'm not trying to call emergency numbers. I tried with a lot of regular numbers here, ranging from  to pizza delivery places, to car service places and to the front desk of the hotel where I'm staying. Nothing is working.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Novel Adventurer

I signed off and signed on again and now it's working.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Staff Moderator

nustiu wrote:

I'm not trying to call emergency numbers. I tried with a lot of regular numbers here, ranging from  to pizza delivery places, to car service places and to the front desk of the hotel where I'm staying. Nothing is working.

Well, only the last number you were trying to call is blocked for some reason, other than that calls in Moldova should work fine.

I am glad you managed to fix your problem.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 5 of 5
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation