By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Cannot use Skype minutes (from Office 365 sub) to call the Philippines (from the Philippines).

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

Hi,

Why is the Philippines not on the list of landlines that my Skype minutes can call? There are a lot of Filipinos in the US and most of them like to call the Philippines regularly. Is there a technical reason for this limitation?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Staff Moderator

MysticArcher wrote:

Why is the Philippines not there is there a technical reason for this limitation?

Hello,

To qualify for inclusion a country must offer low cost local call rates. At present the rates in the Philippines are too expensive.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Novel Adventurer

Thanks for the reply.

I also tried using an updated Skype desktop app on Windows 10 but the calls are still not going through.

3 Replies
Staff Moderator

MysticArcher wrote:

Why is the Philippines not there is there a technical reason for this limitation?

Hello,

To qualify for inclusion a country must offer low cost local call rates. At present the rates in the Philippines are too expensive.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Novel Adventurer

Thanks for the reply.

I also tried using an updated Skype desktop app on Windows 10 but the calls are still not going through.

Novel Adventurer

Thanks for the clarification.

Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation