By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Microphone not working

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novel Tourist

Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G

When I place a Skype-to-Skype call microphone works fine

When I receive a Skype-to-Skype call, however, microphone doesn't work

MS Support's only suggestion is to use a headset, which is not a solution to the problem - it's a possible workaround

Message 71 of 109 (11,128 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same issue for LG G2 skype v. 5.0.0.49715. Uninstalling, rebooting and then reinstalling skype seems to work. Now I can hear myself using Echo / Sound Test Service!

Message 72 of 109 (11,116 Views)
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by acampos (Staff)
‎28-08-2015 11:00
If you have Google Now set to open from any screen by saying "OK Google" try switching it to only respond to "OK Google" from within the Google Search app.
Message 73 of 109 (37,010 Views)
Novel Voyager
Microphone not worked
Message 74 of 109 (11,026 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Btw. The reinstall workaround only works when I make the call. If someone calls me the microphone still doesn't work.
Message 75 of 109 (11,018 Views)
Casual Tourist
Message 76 of 109 (11,001 Views)
Novel Adventurer
sir mera QMobile A60 ka skype ni chal rhA phely mane skype Old version download kia tha thk chalta rha tha magr ab nhi chalta agr neya version download kru to awaz ati ha pr awaz jati ni h plZ ye prblm jaldi solve kr dy
Message 77 of 109 (10,905 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Ya koi or version bta do jo q mob a60 pe chal jay
Message 78 of 109 (10,904 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Microphone not working, we both have LG G2, Android version 4.4.2
Kernel version 3.4.0

Microphone doesn't work either way.

if the other side tries calling my PC version from the mobile, they can hear me but I can't hear them

Novel Tourist

FBOL wrote:
If you have Google Now set to open from any screen by saying "OK Google" try switching it to only respond to "OK Google" from within the Google Search app.

Thx, this was the problem on my Sprint Galaxy S4. This also solved the problem when using Google Hangouts

Message 80 of 109 (10,638 Views)