By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Microphone not working

Go to Solution
Novel Tourist

not working

Message 41 of 108 (6,038 Views)
Novel Tourist

I had exactly the same problem with my Samsung S2. Skype had been working ifne for months, along comes an update and - WHAM!! Nobody can hear me any longer. I initially uninstalled Skype and reinstalled without success. then, after reading your post, I also switched the phone off after the uninstall. It seems to have worked! Thank you XX :bigsmile:

Casual Adventurer

Ever since last update my Alcatel Android phone is not Skype friendly!!  Can here callers but they can't here me.  Getting really frustrated and cross because Skype just doesn't seem interested in fixing this problem

Message 43 of 108 (5,891 Views)
Novel Tourist

ok so there is only 1 way to fix this uninstall your skype ,go into your playstore and under setting disable auto update (this is so your skype will not update ) ok now look online for Skype 3.2 APK and then download it to your pc and push it to your extrnal sdcard go into your phone/tablet and look for where you put it and install it make sure you enable install from unknowed sources and then you are set problem fixed ,I hope this helped you . im attaching the apk hope it helps 

Message 44 of 108 (5,537 Views)
Same problem here. Microphone doesn't' work after making update,Q-mobile A7 android.plz look into the same.
Message 45 of 108 (5,533 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I seem to have the same issue. Samsung galaxy note 8, andriod 4.2.2 no sound. No mic. Nothing happens when I call echo test. If I call a contact it connects but neither of us can hear anything
Message 46 of 108 (5,516 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thanks so much, monkeyfoot, this saved me potentially hours of hitting my head against my desk.  Disabling auto-update from Google Play was key, as was uinstalling Skype v4.+, immediately rebooting, then installing the earlier version.  Very nice (and I like the earlier interfaces better anyway) .

Message 47 of 108 (5,461 Views)
Casual Tourist
My phoune Skype microphone is not wroking
Message 48 of 108 (5,431 Views)
Novel Adventurer
i had same problem but when i used speaker phone then it start working.
Message 49 of 108 (5,315 Views)
Novel Tourist
Thanks. This helped me. I downgraded to version 3.2.2, audio problem gone!
Message 50 of 108 (5,244 Views)