By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Group Video not working on Android

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Casual Tourist

i have an asus transformer prime and just downloaded skype however i cannot doa group video chat. we tried to connect and it says that i do not have the latest version of skpye to support this which is 5.0. tried to download this but it does not work. does skype group video calls work on an android platform? also cannot see a button on skype for group video calling. 

Message 1 of 29 (72,222 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Hi

To my knowledge, one to one video calling is supported on the Android Phone platform, but Skype group video calling is not supported on cell phones yet.

Group video calling is possible on a PC, but a cell phone cannot be added to the group video call at this time yet.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 29 (77,744 Views)
28 Replies
Novel Adventurer

I have the same issue. Does Skype 5 work on Asus ( Android)?

Can Skype support team please address this question?

Thanks

Message 2 of 29 (72,039 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Hi Skype Team!
When can we can response to this type of question?

Thanks
Message 3 of 29 (71,965 Views)
Esteemed Adventurer
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Hi

To my knowledge, one to one video calling is supported on the Android Phone platform, but Skype group video calling is not supported on cell phones yet.

Group video calling is possible on a PC, but a cell phone cannot be added to the group video call at this time yet.

Message 4 of 29 (77,745 Views)
Casual Adventurer
group video 4 android would be convenient
Message 5 of 29 (71,343 Views)
Novel Adventurer

So, is group calls supported on an Android Tablet?

Message 6 of 29 (69,287 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I would also like to see an answer to this question.

I have just learned that alll the callers on the group video call must be using the same version of Skype.  In otherwords, if the owner of the Premium Account initiatiates the call and uses Win8 for operating system and Call Recipient #1 has Ipad and Call Recipient #2 has Android and Call Recipient #3 has Win7, Call Recipient #4 has MacBook Air, etc. then no group video.  

Does anyone know of an alternative to Skype that would allow group calls when the participants all have different devices?

Message 7 of 29 (69,201 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Had a group meeting with friends who had pc's and when I tried to join them the group call broke down when I used my asus nexus 7 android machine running kitkat 4.4, with my laptop running skype 6.11 all was fine. Also got the notice that version 5.0 or above was needed for group video conferencing and mine was 4.5 on the nexus, so until an upgrade comes along there isnt going to be any group calling on my nexus 7 boo hoo. Please give us proper video conferencing on android tablets skype?

Message 8 of 29 (69,169 Views)
Novel Tourist

Sawadee wrote:

... Group video calling is possible on a PC, but a cell phone cannot be added to the group video call at this time yet.

Hi Everyone,

Just to make a clarification on Sawadee's comment, that is ... a PC running Windows, but not a PC running Linux, or a PC running Android (In my opinion, Android is a commercial version and sudo-fork of Linux). Linux users have been waiting for group video for quite a while. And I actively search the net on a consistent basis to monitor progress on the matter, which I have been doing since group video became available on the Skype service.

Message 9 of 29 (69,091 Views)
Novel Adventurer

To further clarify on comment, I am trying to use an Android Tablet not a cell phone.

Message 10 of 29 (69,070 Views)
Discussion Stats