By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

video calls with front camera in Xperia GO

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist
Hi !
Do you know when i will be able to make video calls with using in my Xperia GO front camera? Everything working awsome except possibility to choose in camera menu "front camera". HELP ME GUYS !!!
Message 1 of 11 (17,392 Views)
10 Replies
Community Manager
The Xperia GO is using a quite old version of Android OS (which requires a work around to access the front facing camera) and in addition isn't certified for video calling through Skype. So I can't promise if anything will ever change, but we'll be looking into it.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 11 (17,353 Views)
Casual Tourist
Hi..I'm also using xperia go,pls do you found any way to use front camera with Skype vidéo calling?
Message 3 of 11 (16,738 Views)
Casual Tourist

Hi, I just bought an Xperia Go (Android 4.0.4) and it does not havea front camera.

Message 4 of 11 (16,102 Views)
Novel Tourist
My Xperia GO android 4.04 also only selects rear camera.
Message 5 of 11 (14,775 Views)
Casual Tourist
My Xperia go doesn't work front camera help me please

Message 6 of 11 (13,428 Views)
Saramohamed
Message 7 of 11 (13,350 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Hy
Message 8 of 11 (12,817 Views)
Novel Tourist

Claudius wrote:
The Xperia GO is using a quite old version of Android OS (which requires a work around to access the front facing camera) and in addition isn't certified for video calling through Skype.

The current Android-version for Xperia GO is 4.1 Jelly Bean.

Does this mean that video calling through Skype should be possible now?

Message 9 of 11 (12,162 Views)
Novel Tourist

Yup this is rubbish. ICS and now Jelly Bean have been on the Xperia Go since around December 2012 so they can't complain about versions. Also, Gingerbread still makes up a third of the Android so saying it's old is no excuse either. http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

Discussion Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 26 kudos
  • 11 in conversation