By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

video calling android 4.0.4 on android/tablet

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

using the latest version of skype im +video, but camera did not function at video calls (very annoying and embarrassing when answering call from ipad), used internet connection through router at home. Had no problems with earlier version. What shall I do? Tried both tablet and android phone without success. Received only message -you must turn on your video function to be able to be seen- no such button available, I could see the person I was talking to, but could not send any pictures myself. Help.

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 8 (5,466 Views)
7 Replies
Novel Tourist

i am using skype on my tipo, i am not able to see the other person video, how do i do that?

Message 2 of 8 (5,433 Views)
Novel Tourist
You have to go to the settings menu and tick the "enable video calling" case !
Message 3 of 8 (4,370 Views)
Casual Tourist

-you must turn on your video function to be able to be seen- no such button available

What to do now?

there is no such button in setting under video and voice.

Any one have  solution?

Message 4 of 8 (3,309 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I am having the same/simular problem. i can accept video calls but not button anywhere to make a video call. nothing in settings to turn on video calls either. please help!!

Message 5 of 8 (3,010 Views)
Novel Tourist

I was using Imperial Tab Android 4.0 and it was working fine with Skype voice and video call but suddenly now I am unable to use voice and video call from that and it is very disturbing , can someone please advice to resolve this.

Message 6 of 8 (2,245 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hello I can't use video-call with this skype what's happend ?  only work chat ! 

Novel Adventurer
Can you please help me..i cant make video call on my tablet version 4.0...before it works well but after the update i cant no longer make a video call only chat..please help me
Message 8 of 8 (1,966 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 21 kudos
  • 8 in conversation