By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

inviting friends?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

Thanks for reply BGW but I think you've misunderstood the question from me and others. What we're looking for is the procedure to invite our friends who arent on Skype, to open a Skype account.

I want a simple process so I can email a link or similar to friends. They click on the link and it takes them to an application page.

Does this exist? Maybe not.

Message 11 of 15 (347 Views)
Honorary Adventurer

Hi Hartsongs,

If I remember correctly, when you submit the email address of a friend to Skype in the search for a friend, Skype, when it cannot find the address offers the option to email your friend inviting them to join Skype :-)

Regards, BGW.514

Message 12 of 15 (333 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Thanks for your input here.

Have you tried to do this?

I've just had a go and it doesnt give the option of an invitation.

It simply says that the email address i entered is not in their directory.

It would make perfect sense to then do as you suggested.

Message 13 of 15 (317 Views)
Honorary Adventurer

Hi Hartsongs,

Yes, I did do this a long time ago. Perhaps doing this was seen as Skype spamming the friend, so this option was removed?

Regards, BGW.514

Message 14 of 15 (313 Views)
Casual Tourist

Click on the "CONTACTS" tab on top and the on "IMPORT CONTACTS" and you will have the option to import all your Facebook contacts. So I'm thinking that you have them first as friends on Facebook before you can invite them on Skype

Message 15 of 15 (263 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 10 in conversation