By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

does skype work with tablets using andriod?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist
i have downloaded skype on the tablet , started it, can hear the test skype voice , but it does not show the video calling part as it does on my laptop. Thanks for any help
Message 1 of 4 (9,234 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00
Generally speaking: Yes, Skype videocalling works on Android tablets.

Which device are you trying it on? Did you also read the instructions on how to enable videocalling for untested devices here:
http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Frequently-asked-Android-questions-Answers/td-p/211358/

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4 (9,133 Views)
3 Replies
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by Claudius (Community Manager)
‎28-08-2015 11:00
Generally speaking: Yes, Skype videocalling works on Android tablets.

Which device are you trying it on? Did you also read the instructions on how to enable videocalling for untested devices here:
http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Frequently-asked-Android-questions-Answers/td-p/211358/

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 4 (9,134 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I'm sorry to say that Skype for Android tablets is a piece of crap. The last working version on my Motorola Xoom was 2.5. 

Message 3 of 4 (8,790 Views)
Routine Adventurer

I have a MID703 tablet,Android gingerbread,Skype pre loaded & it works fine for video calls

Not all tablets are compatable

Message 4 of 4 (8,752 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation