By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Why can't I use skype when using a mobile hotspot device?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I have a tablet that I can use Skype for calling when at home (my wifi at home). I have a T mobile hotspot device for when I can't connect to free wifi when out and about. I have found that though I connect to Skype, I cannot make any calls. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Jan Antonell

Message 1 of 4 (2,100 Views)
3 Replies
Casual Adventurer
I have a Virgin Mobile hotspot and use Skype with it regularly. Suggest: start the web browser on your device before you start Skype and make sure you can get to an internet site. I have noticed that if a hotspot requires you click ok to something, Skype will NOT display a pop-up. Skype will simply fail to connect.
Message 2 of 4 (2,077 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you!!!!

Jan

Message 3 of 4 (2,062 Views)
Casual Tourist

Hi there

I am considering getting a virgin wireless hotspot (overdrive pro). Would you say that the connection/speed you get is good enough to skype comfortably?

Thanks 

Message 4 of 4 (1,768 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation