By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

What should I do with Skype on Android

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

Hello! I got a letter from Skype about  support of Skype for Android 2.2. What should I do to use Skype on Android, please.. On tablet PC. Thank you very much.

Alexwy

Підтримку роботи версій програми Skype для Android
2.2 (та попередніх 
версій ОС) незабаром буде припинено 

Message 2 of 3 (283 Views)
2 Replies
Highlighted
SHT
Novel Adventurer

The upgrade will work for newer phones and tablets.  However, if you have Android version 2.2 or lower (which is the case with my LG phone, as well as my Pandigital tablet ... both are 2.2), Skype simply will not work anymore.  Either you have to buy new phones and talbets, or find an alternative to Skype (which is my choice)!

Message 1 of 3 (324 Views)
Community Manager

Hi Alexy,

If you cannot update Android on your tablet to a newer version I'm afraid you won't be able to cotniue using the Skype app.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 3 of 3 (261 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation