By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Unknown error code during application install "-24"

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I have had Skype on my Galaxy S3 for quite sometime now, been working alright. Up until recently, I decided to uninstall skype and try reinstalling it because it was crashing on me. When I tried to reinstall I got the error: Unknown error code during application install "-24". I ask that someone please give me a solution rather than "oh yeah I have this problem too hurr hurr hurr"  which seems like most of the posts on here. 

Message 1 of 8 (9,062 Views)
7 Replies
Novel Adventurer
DG,

I too hope that someone will post a fix to this issue. I want to report experiencing the EXACT same issue when trying to re-install Skype after deleting it due to it's general crashiness. Now I get the "-24" message when I try to install it. This is a broader issue than the Galaxy S3. I'm having this problem on my otherwise perfectly operational 16GB Google Nexus 7 tablet.

I'm also seeing recent positive reviews of the app on Google Play from fellow Nexus 7 users, so this is clearly not related to the device so much as to some setting in the operating system.

I have tried powering off and then installing, and that has not changed the error behavior at all.

I'm not willing to do a factory reset or to perform advanced programming on the operating system, so I hope Skype can either guide us with a practical and effective step-by-step solution, or else convince release a version on Google Play that fixes this bug and installs properly.

I did see a posting online about deleting "data\data..." but I wasn't able to find that in Jelly Bean, so that was not the solution we need.
Message 2 of 8 (8,905 Views)
Novel Tourist

Having same problem,    Any solutions?

Message 3 of 8 (8,866 Views)
Casual Tourist
Gah me too! I hope Skype can fix this quick, I use it every day!
Message 4 of 8 (8,678 Views)
Novel Adventurer

So i figured it out. Sadly to say a factory reset will have to be done. I did this and installed skype and it installed completely. I hate that i had to do that, but that was the only way to get it to work.

Message 5 of 8 (8,114 Views)
Novel Tourist
i have also this problem can someone help me with them plz i used skype everyday and now i cant live without skype plz help me
Message 6 of 8 (7,769 Views)
Novel Tourist

how do you do factory reset? e-mail me at [Mod edit: Please do not include personal/private information when making a public post. Thanks!] sorry i rarely come on here but this is an emergency

Message 7 of 8 (7,333 Views)
Casual Tourist

hi, i had a problem with my GFive president G7 android 4.2.2 jelly bean phone.when i trying to download skype from playstore then at the end it give"unknown error code during application install -24" so i checked it on internet.some people says install root browser and then go to data/data/folder and delete the relevant application(skype)but i couldnot get that folder but when i opened data folder there is nothing in there. some says go to setting and then apps and google play store and clear all data and restart your phone i done that but still same message.after that i did restore factory and start my phone from the start and try to download skype still same message.please help me i will be very thankfull to you.my android phone got 1GB RAM and 4GB ROM and 1.3GHz CPU.please help me.

Message 8 of 8 (4,549 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 8 in conversation