By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Support for Samsung Galaxy S plus

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I understand that Skype video is supported for Samsung Galaxy S device (I9000) . I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S plus (I9001).

In the test video call, it tries to initialize the front facing Camera and I can see my face but it terminates by saying that the "The contact currently doesn't support video call". I tried to change the phone orientation to landscape mode and the picture is upside down.

Is that the reason for this error message ?

When can we expect to have Skype video supported for our device ?

I am on Android 2.3.4 and using Skype version 2.5.0.160

Thanks

-Sahil 

Message 1 of 20 (17,185 Views)
19 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Hello Sahil,

similarproblem happen to me, same phone, new version of skype (2.6.095)

When i try to videocall a PC, the video call goes on but image seen by the remote party is upside down.

Hope Skype will solve this issue soon.

Flavio

Message 2 of 20 (16,562 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist
Hi lauronis,
I am also having same problem. The remote party sees my video as upside down only. is anyone/skype got any solution for this?

Thanx
vip
Message 3 of 20 (15,935 Views)
Novel Adventurer
HI,
Current i m using Samsung galaxy s plus(i9001),But Skype is not supporting.Specially for Skype or video chat purpose only i have purchased this mobile..What shall i do?I have invested huge money for video call but its not happening
When can we expect to have Skype video supported for our device ?
Prasanta kumar panda
Riyadh
Message 4 of 20 (15,741 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and whenever I have a video call, I see the other party in landscape mode and my party does too. I try to rotate the camera which ends in the other party seeing me upside down. This wasn't a problem prior to the update. Anybody know how to fix this??

Message 5 of 20 (15,730 Views)
Casual Tourist
I am having the same problem here. When I am using skype (version 2.6.0.95) the front facing camera of my Galaxy S Plus (gingerbread 2.3.3) is showing me upside down to the other party. I could not find a way to adjust camera settings in skype. Is there another way to adjust this? @skype, please fix this. TG
Message 6 of 20 (15,601 Views)
Novel Tourist

same problem here, im using Samsung Galaxy S Plus, and when im using skype video call @ the other party it turns upside down, i hope skype can give us the solution for this... Thanks

Message 7 of 20 (15,446 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same as above on a New Phone and when making skype vid calls remote user sees my image upside down. Same happens on my wifes phone.

Message 8 of 20 (15,199 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Hi, I met the same problem, now I solved the problem..
uninstall new version (2.6.095) and then install the version 2.5.0.108, you can solve that the problem. When u start the skype chat, enable the rotate option first. after u may rotate the phone to remote side viewers' choice. u can download the skype ver. 2.5.0.108 through ur pc then install. ARM Ariff, KL, Malaysia.
Message 9 of 20 (14,979 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Hi, I met the same problem, now I solved the problem..
uninstall new version (2.6.095) and then install the version 2.5.0.108, you can solve that the problem. When u start the skype chat, enable the rotate option first. after u may rotate the phone to remote side viewers' choice. u can download the skype ver. 2.5.0.108 through ur pc then install.
Message 10 of 20 (14,767 Views)
Discussion Stats