By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype v 2.7.0.907 and 2.8.0.920 Bluetooth problems

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Reliable Adventurer

Samsung TAB GT-P1000, Android Gingerbread 2.3.3 with Skype v 2.7.0.907 and Nokia BH905i headset.

Whenever I or the other part starts talking all sound drops - and I have to change to speakerphone. A bug in the new version?

All other bluetooth activity works fine when using The TAB with 3G or GSM with regular calls.
Edit 24.2.2012"There seems to be a general problem with this issue regardless of brands of headset or android device">>

Any comments from Skype Support? I would like to subscribe to unlimited Europe, but if this does not work on android - I can't.

Samsung TAB GT-P1000, Android Gingerbread 2.3.3 with Skype v 2.7.0.907 and Nokia BH905i headset.

Whenever I or the other part starts talking all sound drops - and I have to change to speakerphone. A bug in the new version?

All other bluetooth activity works fine when using The TAB with 3G or GSM with regular calls.
Edit 24.2.2012"There seems to be a general problem with this issue regardless of brands of headset or android device">>

Any comments from Skype Support? I would like to subscribe to unlimited Europe, but if this does not work on android - I can't.

Edit 15.05.2012: Upgraded to Skype 2.8.0.920 - and the bluetooth problem got worse. Have to restart the phone/device completely. the quickfix to "kill" the skype bakcground prosess does not work anymore. :sad: Another issue.. If the bluetooth connection fails, it is impossible to use Skype at all - even with wired headphones. Have to totally reboot to use Skype at all

16 Replies
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer
we all have the same problem. I have Plantronics 520, such a great bluetooth device, doesn't work in the new 2.7.0.907. The update is screwed up so bad
Message 2 of 17 (5,109 Views)
Novel Adventurer

In my case, with this version, I can hear the audio through the headset but the microphone is using the phone's internal mic and not the headset mic. Brutal. I can't believe Skype can't keep this working.

Message 3 of 17 (5,061 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have exactly the same problems using my Plantronics Voyager 510 Headset with the latest Skype v 2.7.0.907 on my Samsung Galaxy SII running Android Gingerbread v 2.3.5.

My bluetooth headset worked fine on the previous version of Skype but now will not work at all and I have to resort to the phone speaker for conference calls. Very frustrating.

Have any of you had any success in getting a response from Skype themselves?

Message 4 of 17 (5,027 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

I have not received ny suggestions or comments from Skype However I have seen that if I stop all Skype activity services in android with Android Assistant and attach headset with Bluetooth,and then starts Skype. It works fine. But I have to do that every time before a call. Not a good workaround and crappy programming from Skype

Edit 15.05.2012: Upgraded to Skype 2.8.0.920 - and the bluetooth problem got worse. Have to restart the phone/device completely. the quickfix to "kill" the skype bakcground prosess does not work anymore. :sad: Another issue.. If the bluetooth connection fails, it is impossible to use Skype at all - even with wired headphones. Have to totally reboot to use Skype at all

Message 5 of 17 (5,020 Views)
Novel Tourist

I'm having the issues with my HTC desire HD and a Nokia bluetooth, which was working with the previous version of Skype and now it's not working at all, I can't either hear or talk through it.

It's really bad that with newer versions things get worse instead of better.

Message 6 of 17 (4,962 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same story here.

Using Motorola Atrix 4G, 2.3.4, Skype v 2.7.0.907 and Nokia BH-217 headset.

Message 7 of 17 (4,938 Views)
Casual Tourist

Same problem here with my ATT galaxy s2 (777)...Blue tooth in my honda does not work with skype. Anyone knows if and how i can get rid off this version and revert back to old one? (I can't remember the # of older version)

Message 8 of 17 (4,919 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Same issue here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (Epic Touch 4G?) on Sprint

Skype 2.7.0.907

No audio output option within Skype for Bluetooth device.

Very much needed!

Message 9 of 17 (4,877 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same~

Skype 2.7.0.907

SAMSUNG GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus

Plantronics M155

I can see my Bluetooth and tab "connected".

And I can hear dialing sound by Bluetooth.

But I can't speak through Skype.

Ridiculous.

Message 10 of 17 (4,820 Views)
Discussion Stats