By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype on Nook Tablet

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

Hello,

I installed Skype on my B&N Nook Tablet (OS Android 2.3.4). Logging and instant messaging are OK but I can't make a call. The problem is that the Skype don't recognize build-in microphone. I tested the microphone with other application (Voice recorder) and it works.

Please help!

Message 1 of 15 (15,844 Views)
14 Replies
Casual Adventurer
Still waiting for Skype on Nook or Kindle before buying:-)
Message 2 of 15 (15,463 Views)
Novel Tourist

wow...i can not help with the microphone trouble...but could you tell me how you even downloaded skype to your nook.  i have been at the android app site but it keeps asking me for a phone number.  also tried the google play.  where are you going?

Message 3 of 15 (15,452 Views)
Casual Tourist
How can i installed skype on B& N Nook Tablet ? And secondly can i install google play for Nook tablet?
Plz somebody help me
Message 4 of 15 (12,701 Views)
Casual Tourist
I'd also like to know how to install it. I just want the chat.
Message 5 of 15 (11,612 Views)
Novel Tourist
how did u get skype on the nook tablet?!?!?!?
Message 6 of 15 (11,404 Views)
Novel Adventurer

can i get skype on nook hd+tablet

Message 7 of 15 (10,872 Views)
Novel Tourist
Yes
Message 8 of 15 (6,553 Views)
Novel Adventurer
I have Nook HD. I installed (or preinstalled) google play. From there downloaded skype. I can login, call (but I cannot hear other person) and IM. As for the sound issue, one post suggested using a headset with earphones only. I will check this out as soon as I locate a headset.
Hope this helps.
Message 9 of 15 (6,084 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Located a headset, no mic, and I know can hear the other person. I will post if I have dropped calls as stated in the first post of the discussion.
Message 10 of 15 (6,073 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 20 kudos
  • 12 in conversation