By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype doesn't work on Android tablet

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I have an Android tablet - Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 4G with Android 3.2 Honeycomb operating system.

I can download Skype from Play Store, it instals but will not allow me to log on or do anything at all, the icon on the sign in page just spins forever until I force a close.

Same results on wi-fi, 3G and 4G.

Any suggestions please?

Message 1 of 4 (1,545 Views)
3 Replies
Casual Tourist

Yeah I have the same problem. But mine sometimes lets me log in but it doesnt let me do anything on it... Need Help too...

Message 2 of 4 (1,458 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same problem on my Android Gingerbread tablet - will not let me login using correct details. Login on my PC is quick and easy. Is this a bug? Seems to be alot of Android issues...

Message 3 of 4 (1,327 Views)
Novel Tourist

I seem to have found a problem without answers. I can log in, but not do anything. Is there a solution in the meantime? (I have Android 4.1 on my tablet)

Message 4 of 4 (913 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation