By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype does not work over 3g network

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I bought a samsung galaxy y dous running 2.3.6.   I bought a monthly subcription. I bought a skype number. I went for the pay only half price if you buy a year in advance. I signed up for a BIG data plan. None of this works! Why doesn't skype just say "for wifi only"? What do I do now with my BIG data plan? Skype number for a year...? It Would have been perfect for staying in touch with my family in another country. I have the latest software from google play. My firmware is up to date. This is a Skype problem....

So what to do?

Message 1 of 6 (10,158 Views)
5 Replies
Novel Adventurer

http://shop.skype.com/know-how/videos/glossary/3g/   is one of the reasons bought into skype....Just doesn't work. How can they make these claims?

Message 2 of 6 (10,131 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Well... I ditched this phone and bought a Samsung Galaxy S3. The first phone exceeded specs (but not by much)....So I don't know. I just know the Galaxy S3 That costs 4 times as much DOES work with Skype over a 3G network.....I can place calls from South America to any USA cell or house phone. And with my skype number they can call me. However Video is just a blackish green screen. So I can call...but video calls don't work.  Could be Skype, could be the S3. Since I don't use it for video, I don't care.

Message 3 of 6 (9,907 Views)
Novel Tourist
How can I use my video call on my samsung galaxy y dous....
Message 4 of 6 (8,932 Views)
Esteemed Adventurer

Hi

Does your samsung galaxy y model have 2 cameras, one on the front and one on the back?

I saw the specifications online and they say it does not have 2 camera, which is needed for video calling.

Message 5 of 6 (8,920 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Just download " Vpn1Click " from google play and after installing

connect it to any country's server

after connecting sign into skype and it will work

Message 6 of 6 (6,881 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation