I guess video calling is indeed active on the tablet - no point blaming Skype.
Follow these simple steps and it works:
1. Ensure the version used is 2.5 or higher
2. Login Skype and get to the blue page where you find the four options - 'Contacts, Recent, Call phones, Profile'
3. You will find 5 icons on the bottom - go to the last one (the one with 3 horizontal bars). Click on it
4. You will find 4 options - 'Sign out, settings, about Skype, help'. Click on Settings (Second option)
5. You will find a host of options - scroll down till you reach 'Video Calls' tab. Find 'Enable video calling' option by ticking the box.
After this, I was able to video call my contacts. Hope this helps.
For some reason I dont see the 5 icons on the bottom - particularly the last one (the one with 3 horizontal bars). Could it be that I dont see it because I log on to Skype when I launch the App on Tab?
Do you see the 3 horziantal line icon at bottom of screen to asjust skype settings on Samsung Galaxy 10.1? I cant find settings. How about you?
Skype version 2.6 available on Android market....If anybody is not able to make video calls even after enabling the video option in settings then he/she must insist her/his contacts to update their respective Skype softwares whether they are on iPads or PC or Mac....Video will start working immediately.
Video calling does work. But the answers I saw didn't go far enough. After I enabled video calling as above, I still didn't see any mention of video calling until I set up a contact. Then you have a button to make a video call listed under the contact name. BTW, it is also working on my ASUS Transformer tab as well.
I confirm samsung tablet is working with video skype .....!
Make sure that your tablet is switch on video and not on photo !
Watch that on your "photo camera" icon.
After, click on your skype contacts .... on the upper side the video
icon will appear ... click on it to connect ! That's it !